As an SVP, you’ll have opportunities to support the social sector through thought leadership, mentorship, and facilitating skill-building as well as networking and educational events to support your work.
SHARE YOUR EXPERTISE WITH ENTERPRISING NONPROFITS
Social Venture Partners engage with nonprofits in innovative ways such as impact investing and earned revenue opportunities. From short intensive programs like our Revenue Generator, to deep-dives working on Investee teams, Partners advise nonprofit leaders in creating and implementing a business model, identifying investment opportunities, guiding aggressive growth plans, and a variety of other unique challenges.
Join our network of partners to support and advise these enterprising nonprofits as they turn their vision into reality, ultimately improving the lives of those in need.
JOIN OUR PARTNER NETWORK
We are problem solvers, thoughtful allies and effective stewards of resources. Join us.
LEAD DRAMATIC SOCIAL CHANGE
Tired of slow, incremental progress? Ready to think differently about how we invest in our city? Connect with entrepreneurial, community-minded peers who want to see our community thrive.
Where others see impossible, we see potential.
We invest in nonprofits that are vetted, forward-thinking, high-performing and making big strides in solving complex social challenges.
Thanks to the work of our partners, local nonprofits are approaching problems in innovative ways, implementing new business models, becoming more effective in their work, and improving the lives of those in need. Your expertise and commitment to these enterprising nonprofits helps create jobs, improve graduation rates, provide homes and so much more.
A Local and Global Network
Austin’s Social Venture Partner network launched in 2011 and has grown to more than 80 partners. The global network includes 40 affiliates in 9 countries with more than 3,400 partners, contributing $70 million in grant investments to 900 nonprofits around the world.
At home, our partner network has contributed more than $225,000 in investments to more than 14 nonprofits in Greater Austin. Over the last year, Austin SVP’s delivered hundreds of hours of expertise to nonprofits through engagement in our programs, ranging from business planning to impact investing, with an estimated value of $500,000 in human capital.
Customize Your Involvement
We offer a range of engagement opportunities based on your interests, availability, and areas of expertise. In addition to playing an active role with nonprofits, partners can:
- take advantage of our educational programs,
- access local research on our social sector,
- or serve as a lead partner or member of a Mission Capital Investee team.
View our event calendar above for the latest upcoming ways for you to learn, connect, advise and lead. Registration links are embedded in the calendar. For questions, please contact Lisa Keefauver at 512-477-5955 x. 244.
Pool and leverage your philanthropic dollars to invest in initiatives with potential for dramatic social ROI.
- “These are impactful nonprofits that are really changing our community. They have solutions to problems, not just putting bandaids on problems.”Clayton Christopher2014 Mission Accelerator mentor and Co-Founder & Chairman, Deep Eddy Vodka
- “I volunteered to become a mentor because I thought there was so much that I could share. But I think I’m getting out of it more than I have contributed!”Richard Tagle2014 Mission Accelerator mentor and CEO, Andy Roddick Foundation
- “They are very intellectually curious, have deep entrepreneurial and professional experience and care passionately about community impact, so it’s an incredible group of people to be part of.”Suzi Sosa2014 Mission Accelerator mentor and Co-Founder & CEO, Verb