Organization: West Austin Youth Association
Posted by Melissa Morrow - Jun 22, 2018
Address: 1314 Exposition, Austin, TX, 78703
Start Date: Jul 16, 2018
Application Due Date: Jul 06, 2018
West Austin Youth Association (WAYA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational and recreational opportunities for the youth of Austin. WAYA serves over 5000 children and their families each year from over 50 Austin area zip codes.
WAYA is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and dedicated Development Director with demonstrated skills in fundraising, staff, and volunteer management to strengthen the organization’s capacity and advance its mission to provide a fun and safe environment for kids to reach their potential.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of WAYA fundraising including the annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. Must have a passion for the mission to develop youth through educational and recreational activities. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- A bachelor’s degree, CFRE or MA (a plus)
- 5 Years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Must embrace the mission to develop the potential of youth through educational and recreational programs.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual Family Day fundraising event.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events such as Family Day.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about WAYA with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with staff and volunteers.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other duties as requested.
This is a full time position with some work hours in the evenings, and on weekends. Benefits including paid vacation and leave, dental, vision, life, and health insurance.
To Apply: Resume, cover letters, and references will be accepted until 5:00 PM, August 10th, 2018. To apply for this position, please email your resume, letter of interest and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.