Supervising People - January 2019
Get the skills you need to be an excellent supervisor!
Congratulations! You are a supervisor! You have demonstrated talent and success in your job and now, are going to oversee others' work. This is great, but how do you make that transition?
This day long intensive is designed for individuals who supervise people. Whether you are new to the supervisory role or looking to enhance and develop your skills for a more effective and enjoyable work experience, this course will provide you with the knowledge and persepective you need, to manage your people well.
Who should attend?
This course is specifically designed for supervisors and team managers of nonprofit organizations who want tools and guidance for feedback, delegation, and accountability
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the key difference between manangement and leadership
- Access new tools for effective supervisor-supervisee communication
- Give feedback without fear! Learn how to set clear expectations and deliver feedback in a way that is positive for all
- Delegate effectively and hold people accountable
- Employ strategies for priority setting and problem solving to help your team move towards more productive work
- 1 day interactive training, team discussion, and activities
- A take away workbook for future use and reference
- Guidance from subject matter experts
- A healthy lunch as well as snacks and drinks, to keep you energized throughout the day
$225 for each participant per member organization/$325 for each participant per nonmember organization
For organizations who want to register more than 2 people, please contact Program Specialist, Mary Marcum at 512.477.5955 ext 253 for group discount.
For additional information:
Please contact Mary Marcum at 512.477.5955 ext 253.