Project Management for Nonprofits
Nearly every nonprofit organization manages multiple, distinct projects, yet few nonprofit professionals understand and use basic, yet powerful, project management techniques. If you are ready to more effectively plan and manage your projects, join us for a full day of hands-on project management training, designed especially for nonprofit leaders!
By participating in this course, you’ll gain:
- a comprehensive understanding of the various approaches and processes of project management
- accessible tools, templates and other resources for effective planning and management of a variety of types of projects no matter how big or small
- real world advice for leading a project team and communicating with key stakeholders around tasks, deadlines and deliverables
- one-on-one guidance in the use of presented project management strategies and processes for planning or enhancing an actual project at your organization
The course is specifically designed for any nonprofit professional that is tasked with leading projects of any kind. It is designed for those new to project management and ideal for teams or individual project managers.
THE FEE FOR THE COURSE INCLUDES:
- One day interactive training, discussion and activities designed to help you design or enhance an actual project for your nonprofit
- A take-away workbook for future use and reference
- Guidance from subject matter experts during the session
- A healthy lunch, as well as snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you energized
$225 for each participant per member organization / $325 for each participant per non-member organization. For organizations who want to register more than 2 people, please contact Mary Marcum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.477.5955 ext. 253 for group discount information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Mary Marcum at email@example.com or 512.477.5955 ext. 253.
Tarik Aossey, PMP, CSM, Founder and Managing Director, 24902 Miles
Tarik Aossey is a master program and project manager who has led complex programs and project portfolio organizations at Dell, Visa, General Motors and mPower Labs. He has over 19 years of experience delivering complex global projects across diverse industries including nonprofit, information technology, financial, mobile, supply chain, manufacturing, utility and government.
As a passionate social entrepreneur, Tarik founded 24902 Miles on the premise that doing good is good business. 24902 Miles trains and mentors organizations delivering social good and sustainability project initiatives. He graduated from the University of Iowa majoring in Business Administration and Operations, is a PMI-certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a ScrumAlliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
Ann Starr, Director of Learning and Leadership, Mission Capital
Ann Starr has been an active part of the Mission Capital community for nearly 14 years. In addition to her current role as Director of Learning & Leadership, she served Greenlights/Mission Capital as a frequent guest presenter and event consultant, and as a member of the fund development committee. In each of these roles, she designed and led numerous projects, specializing in the creation and execution of conferences and other large-scale community gatherings and events.
Prior to rejoining the Mission Capital team in 2018, Ann was Managing Director at Forklift Danceworks, an internationally-recognized performing arts organization where she led all development efforts and oversaw company operations. She has also served as Development Director for Texas Appleseed, a public interest law center, and she served as Director of The St. Edward’s Fund at St. Edward’s University for nearly six years.
Ann is the former chair of the SIMS Foundation Board of Directors, served on the Amigos de las Américas International Board of Directors, and is a founding member of the Board of Directors for Tiny Hearts. She holds a BA in Education and a BA in Spanish from Kent State University in Kent, Ohio and an MA in Human Services and Certificate in Conflict Resolution from St. Edward’s University.