Executive Leadership Academy Fall 2019
The Executive Leadership Academy is the ideal course for nonprofit executive leaders who are new to the ED/CEO role or who want to be sure they have a solid understanding of all major aspects of nonprofit management. This popular, intensive learning and leadership development program delivers 24 hours of cutting edge content over 4 full days (9am to 4pm on Thursday, November 14th, Friday November 15th, Thursday November 21st, and Friday, November 22nd).
The Executive Leadership Academy curriculum draws upon Mission Capital’s extensive expertise, research, and knowledge of nonprofit leadership in Central Texas and our rapidly evolving sector. Your experience in this program will be enriched by the collective wisdom of your fellow participants, which will create a powerful space for you to learn and grow as a leader. Further, you will have the opportunity to think about yourself as an individual leader, an organizational leader, and a system leader, who is equipped and empowered to create real and lasting social change.
Led by an experienced group of nonprofit executives and subject matter experts, the Executive Leadership Academy covers the following topics:
- Overview of the nonprofit sector in Central Texas
- The role of the Executive Director/CEO
- Communication and leadership styles
- Emotional intelligence
- Healthy and effective Board/ED relationships
- Fundraising strategies and best practices
- Nonprofit marketing and communications
- Financial management and fiscal planning
- Organizational life cycles
- Change management
- Nonprofit strategy and impact evaluation
- Partnerships and collaborations
Class size is limited to allow an intimate cohort of leaders to address each participant’s own organizational challenges through problem-solving exercises, role-play, presentation, and discussion. You'll walk away with lots of practical materials, real-world advice, a cohort of peers, and countless strategies to help you and your organization succeed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Executive Leadership Academy is for Executive Directors/CEOs that are currently in that position. If you are not currently an Executive Director/CEO, visit our Events page for information about our other Leadership Academies.
This program is ideal for you if:
- You are a new Executive Director/CEO (in the position for two years or less).
- You are a more experienced Executive Director/CEO who wants to jumpstart your leadership by participating in a thought-provoking and growth-focused program.
- Four full days of interactive learning, peer discussion, and real-time coaching from leadership and subject matter experts
- An Executive Leadership Academy Sourcebook of powerful information, resources, tools, and worksheets that will serve you well during your tenure as an Executive Director/CEO
- A TriMetrix EQ Assessment ($240 value) that will help you to better understand your leadership style, driving forces, strengths and areas for growth. The Emotional Quotient portion of this assessment measures emotional intelligence, which is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
- The opportunity to connect with and learn alongside a cohort of other nonprofit Executive Directors/CEOs
- Healthy lunches during each class day, as well as snacks and drinks throughout the day to keep you energized
$750 for EDs from Member Organizations/$900 for EDs from Non-Member Organizations
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact May Marcum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-477-5955 ext. 253.
Mission Capital has a strong commitment to making our services accessible to individuals with special needs and disabilities. For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact Mary Marcum at (512) 477-5955 x253 or email@example.com. Two weeks advance notice will allow us to provide seamless access.
Mission Capital’s Learning & Leadership Offerings Refund Policy
All cancellation and refund requests must be received IN WRITING at least 2 weeks in advance of the Learning & Leadership offering. Registrants may request a refund of fees paid, minus a $50 administrative fee, by firstname.lastname@example.org. NO REFUNDS will be processed within two weeks of the event date. Rather than requesting a refund, you may transfer your registration to another staff member, board member, or volunteer by contacting email@example.com - all transfer requests must be received at least one week prior to the event date.