Board Essentials November 2018
This workshop provides the fundamental principles and best practices that every nonprofit board member - and the staff who work with them - should know.
Join us to learn the top 10 roles and responsibilities of board members, with special emphasis on the board’s role in financial oversight, fundraising, planning, and partnering with the organization’s chief executive. You’ll come away with a clear understanding of the many facets of board service, along with tools you can use to increase the effectiveness of your board.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Identify the top 10 roles and responsibilities of nonprofit boards
• Differentiate between governance and management
• List best practices for board recruitment, retention, and evaluation
• Define common board leadership roles and committees
• Outline effective strategies for financial oversight
• Explain how you can help your organization raise funds and awareness
Who should attend?
• Existing nonprofit board members who want to better understand their roles and responsibilities
• Nonprofit staff members who want a stronger grasp of the board’s role in nonprofit effectiveness and oversight
Mission Capital has a strong commitment to making our services accessible to individuals with special needs and disabilities. For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact Mary Marcum at 512-477-5955 ext. 253 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Two weeks advance notice will allow us to provide seamless access.
Mission Capital’s Learning & Leadership Offerings Refund Policy
All cancellation and refund requests must be received IN WRITING at least 2 weeks in advance of the Learning & Leadership offering. Registrants may request a refund of fees paid, minus a $50 administrative fee, by emailing email@example.com. NO REFUNDS will be processed within two weeks of the event date. Rather than requesting a refund, you may transfer your registration to another staff member, board member, or volunteer by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org - all transfer requests must be received at least one week prior to the event date.