The Database Administrator is responsible for contributing to Mission Capital’s success by supporting internal client needs as it relates to Salesforce.com and client data projects. You should be experienced in supporting teams across multiple business units.
This is a full-time, exempt position with nonprofit industry competitive salary and benefits package.
ABOUT MISSION CAPITAL
You’re on a mission. You’re invested in our community. You want to be part of something meaningful. You want to see change happen. So do we. Mission Capital provides the networks, tools, and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. We combine human, financial, intellectual, social, and political capital to fuel the work of nonprofits, funders, philanthropists, businesses, and government.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage custom field, objects, complex workflow rules, record types, data validation, page layouts, triggers, and third-party integrations
- Create and maintain reports for key business drivers for membership, fundraising and programs
- Support gift processing and receipting, financial reconciling and fundraising reporting
- Develop and create customized dashboards based upon client needs
- Train users on how to use Salesforce and how to build, use and interpret reports
- Enthusiastically monitor Salesforce data quality
- Use Salesforce data to verify monthly goals for departments
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features, functionality and integrations to provide recommendations for process improvements
- Create and maintain all internal documentation regarding how the Salesforce Org is constructed
- Handle all inbound User requests and respond to them in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Analyze and interpret data (internal and external) for service lines, programs and consulting projects
- Assist with additional special projects as needed to support departments and service lines, primarily working with the Data and Evaluation team
- Support Finance and Operations department with revenue projections, systems improvements, and annual audit
- Fill in for teams with batch uploads and data entry when needed
GENERAL / OTHER SUPPORT
- Provide thought leadership content for the Mission Capital blog as assigned
- Participate as a full member of the Mission Capital team, attend staff meetings, participate at Mission Capital events, and coordinate collaborative activities with, and support the activities of other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain consistent, correct data across multiple systems
- Ability to work with colleagues to turn business information needs into metrics and reports
- Broad understanding of CRM Best Practices
- Understanding of relational databases and how to optimize Salesforce data for future reporting needs
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Organized and process oriented
- A plus but not required:
- Experience with the migration of a Salesforce instance over to Salesforce Lightning
- Experience gathering requirements to build custom Salesforce applications
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and donor database structure
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in undefined or changing environments
- Basic Excel and Google Sheets experience
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK AT MISSION CAPITAL?
Employees work in a mission-driven and inspiring work environment with meaningful values. They understand that their position matters to the organization, their team members but most importantly to our community. You’re not just filling a role; you’re contributing to an organization that provides the tools and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. Leadership not only treats employees with a high level of respect but enjoys developing team members to be prepared for future opportunities within or outside of the organization.
Employees have access to some exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base nonprofit compensation + variable bonus based on performance of the company
- Employer-paid base medical plan
- Dental/Vision/FSA Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee wellness incentives
- Onsite fitness facility
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun company teambuilding events
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mission Capital is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers positions with varying skill levels and responsibilities that amplify our mission. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
General office environment with low to moderate noise level. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but requires standing and walking for up to 15% of the time. Occasional work required outside of normal business hours.
To apply, please submit the following, as PDFs, through this online application (see the button at the top of this page that says "Apply for This Job!"):
• Cover letter
• Three references (Your references will not be contacted before you are informed).