Any Baby Can is an Austin, Texas-based nonprofit whose mission is to empower families so children can succeed. We strengthen families through education, therapy and family support services. When you join the Any Baby Can Team, you share in our belief that all children deserve the chance to be healthy and happy.
We offer a fun, fast-paced, and professional environment filled with people who work hard to bring our mission to life. Our organization recognizes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. As a result, Any Baby Can offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits in order to recruit the right people. These benefits include agency-paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, personal time off, many holidays (including a winter break), an Employee Assistance Program, professional development funding, retirement matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts. Any Baby Can is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Title: Director of Communications
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: President and CEO
The Director of Communications is responsible for overseeing and managing Any Baby Can’s communications department. Responsibilites include branding and messaging, print collateral, online communication, media relations, and outreach.
- Protect, promote, and manage the Any Baby Can brand.
- Monitor use of branding elements by employees and (as possible) external parties providing guidance as needed to ensure proper usage.
- Write talking points and speeches for CEO as needed.
- Lead annual branding and messaging training with staff and Board of Directors with adjunct trainings as needed.
- Manage the design, production, and select distribution of agency print collateral including annual reports, newsletters, brochures, direct mail, client outreach mailings, agency greeting cards, and letterhead.
- Manage process for print collateral requests and approval from staff.
- Maintain agency website, including functionality (via website developer) and content.
- Maintain an active social media presence.
- Manage agency listserv; produce and distribute eblasts.
- Provide timely responses to media requests and coordinate agency response, including talking points and client interviews as needed.
- Establish strong media relationships and ensure regular media contact. Maintain up to date media contact lists.
- Coordinate submission of timely press releases and media alerts.
- Develop and implement an agency-wide outreach program, including annual outreach plan.
- Monitor and analyze outreach data to adjust plan as needed to meet outreach goals.
- Maximize branding opportunities through agency outreach.
- Develop annual Communications strategic plan and manage Communications budget.
- Manage relationships with Communications contractors and vendors.
- Provide agency Communications support as needed.
- Other assignments may be added as needed or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related filed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications, or public relations preferred.
- Experience within the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in brand management, print collateral development, online communication, and media relations.
- Experience with strategic planning, budget management, staff supervision, and contractor/vendor relations.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, website editing and graphic design, databases, and ability to quickly learn and master new programs.
- Proven written, verbal, interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to team oriented philosophy, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to make independent decisions to benefit the communications health of the agency.
- Willingness to adjust schedule as needed to meet demands of job.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary to fulfill daily duties assigned.
- Ability to effectively/clearly communicate.