Posted by Employment SAFE Alliance - Feb 14, 2018
Address: , Austin, TX, 78723
Start Date: Feb 14, 2018
Application Due Date: Feb 14, 2018
who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
- We need you to fill the role of Director of Development. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully demonstrating development experience and performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Set strategy for and manage various fund-raising functions which may include any combination of annual giving, corporate/organization development, leadership and major gifts, giving circles, events and 3rd party events.
- Consistently meet and exceed financial revenue goals and show us a solid history of doing so for others.
- Effectively manage and mentor at least one team member.
- Manage a major gift portfolio of corporate and individual major gift donors and prospects and effectively cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects.
- Possess above average listening skills necessary for recognizing opportunities, making connections and to assist matching donors’ philanthropic interests with SAFE priorities.
- Serve as Senior Staff Representative on designated SAFE events. Work with and support special events staff by securing and deploying resources, soliciting and stewarding event donors, identifying “right person” volunteers, driving donor and volunteer engagement, and ensuring theme, messaging and communication around events are consistent with SAFE core values and overall strategy.
- Plan carefully and work closely with marketing and communications staff on communications needs.
- Work closely with agency program staff to understand and passionately communicate the significance of our work and the most pressing needs associated with it.
- Assists with other projects as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field
- Maintain a donor-focused attitude and easily build solid, long-lasting relationships.
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort with multiple and competing priorities, ever-changing environment, and ability to manage ambiguity.
- Demonstrates appropriate skill level and capability in the operation of computers and general office software programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you a competitive salary based on experience.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/SAXx2nCtAK/Director-Of-Development?source=501community
To Apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/SAXx2nCtAK/Director-Of-Development?source=501community