Director of Community Development
Organization: Hope Alliance
Posted by Patty Conner - Jun 25, 2018
Address: 1011 Gattis School Road #106, ROUND ROCK, TX, 78664
Start Date: Jul 06, 2018
Application Due Date: Jul 01, 2018
JOB TITLE: Director of Community Development Supervisor: VP of Resource Development
Hours: Daytime/Evenings with Flexibility classification: Regular, Full-Time and Exempt
Open Until Filled
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: As directed by the VP of Resource Development, the Director of Community Development is responsible for:
- Managing the Volunteer and Support Resources Program which includes Community Outreach, Community Education and the provision of Direct Client Services.
- Building and managing brand identity and all aspects of marketing communication (Traditional and Social Media) to increase awareness of Hope Alliance, its programs throughout Williamson County, TX. Such efforts will also be conducted to include support for fundraising strategies designed to grow the base of philanthropic support from the community for Hope Alliance.
- The Director of Community Development will assist in setting the organization's strategic fundraising agenda through the solicitation of civic, corporate, faith, foundation and individual support.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Community Development & Volunteer Program:
- As necessary, assist in updating all volunteer program policies and procedures.
- Recruit and train an adequate number of volunteers to continue current levels or to increase levels of units of service provided by Hope Alliance.
- Provide and/or arrange for provision of Direct Client Services and/or staff back-up for direct client services as necessary.
- Coordinate volunteer social events and annual recognition events.
- Maintain volunteer database.
- Manage Community Outreach and Education activities as necessary.
- In conjunction with the VP of Resource Development, assist with the cultivation of civic, corporate, faith, foundation and individual support via presentations, Shelter tours and volunteerism.
Build/Manage Brand Identity:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan that includes:
- Assistance in maintaining Hope Alliance’s website,
- Developing content for Hope Alliance’s print and electronic communications,
- Implementing Hope Alliance’s social media strategy,
- Assistance with conducting community events, media relations, press releases, social networking, annual Impact Report, newsletters and other branding activities involving both Hope Alliance’s Volunteer Program and Community Outreach Education. Expected results of said Program and Education will include the provision of direct services, staffing for educational booths, prevention presentations, fundraising support and awareness-raising activities.
- Assist in the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support Community Outreach and Education, Marketing and Development goals.
- Through outreach activities, develop partnerships and strategic alliances that will enhance the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
Generate Capacity Building Revenues:
- Annually, as directed by the VP of Resource Development, assist in achieving the goals, objectives, methods quantifiable outcomes and timelines associated with a comprehensive development plan.
- Assist in securing general operating and capacity building revenue via Special Events, Grant Writing, Promotions, Major Donor and Civic Group presentations.
- Work closely with all staff to review current program services to identify unmet client needs and to inform internal staff about donor expectations.
- Through fundraising, marketing and outreach activities, grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders and the communities Hope Alliance serves.
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills: written, spoken and interpersonal.
- Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred. Three to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A High energy, outgoing, team player with a passion for Hope Alliance’s mission is essential.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as WordPress used for website and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram) and willingness to learn new applications such as Abila.
- Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social media.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before all Hope Alliance constituencies.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a variety of settings both public and private. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and ability to respond in a supportive way to people in crisis.
- Experience in prioritizing assignments and working independently with integrity.
- Ability to work as a team member, providing support as well as constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions.
- Sensitivity to various cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, attitudes, and languages.
- Experience and excellent skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and volunteer development.
- Adequate personal health, social maturity, and emotional stability to fulfill the functions of the position.
- Ability to relate to other agencies and departments, including law enforcement, as well as to supervise and support staff and volunteers.
- Computer proficiency in work-related programs, internet and email.
- A primary focus to generate community awareness through outreach and educational activities relating to the mission of Hope Alliance.
- Authority to design, create and execute a Community Outreach and Education action plan.
- Accountability for meeting outreach, education, volunteer, marketing and revenue goals.
To Apply: Copy and Paste Resume and email: Lesa.Cantrell@hopealliancetx.org