Weekend Visitor Services Coordinator
Organization: Neill-Cochran House Museum
Posted by Andrea Perry - Aug 09, 2019
Address: 2310 San Gabriel Street, Austin, TX, 78705
Start Date: Sep 04, 2019
Application Due Date: Aug 23, 2019
The Weekend Visitor Services Coordinator staff position is part-time, requires a commitment to weekend hours, and primarily consists in providing service to visitors by:
- opening and closing the museum buildings
- working with visitor services volunteers
- using and ensuring accurate entries in point of sale applications
- providing guided tours as arranged in advance
- assisting with special events as required
Qualified candidates may pursue a project of their choosing related to the museum’s education programs, online presence or communications/PR, or collections research as time permits.
Hours: 12:30-4:30PM Saturday and Sunday. Additional regular shifts available on Thursdays, and Fridays.
Compensation: $12-$15/hour depending on experience
Additional opportunities available for manager on duty shifts for rental events. Compensation scaled to experience up to $20/hour for rental events.
- bachelor’s degree preferred (consideration given to motivated upper division undergraduates)
- interest in Archives, Museum Studies, or Elementary Education preferred
- prior museum or visitor services experience preferred
- must be willing to submit to criminal background check
- must have reliable transportation to West Campus
About the Neill-Cochran House Museum: The Neill-Cochran House Museum is home to the 9th and 10th oldest structures standing in Austin, just a short walk to the west of the UT campus. The site presents installations related to the history of Austin from its earliest days up to 1930 as well as temporary exhibits that relate to its interpretive period (1850-1930). We are an independent non-profit with a strong entrepreneurial culture. Candidates are encouraged to pursue meaningful and impactful projects to strengthen their portfolios.
The Neill-Cochran House Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.