Austin Community Foundation is the catalyst for generosity in Austin. We bring together philanthropists, dollars and ideas to shape Austin’s future. A trusted local partner, we have a 40-year track record of investing in Austin, granting more than $300 million to nonprofits across Central Texas since 1977. Our data-driven approach means we seek to understand, inform and invest in the areas of greatest need to narrow the opportunity gap in Central Texas.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications to implement a communications strategy that promotes, enhances and protects the Foundation’s brand. The Communications Department is charged with developing communication strategies and telling the Foundation’s unique story to key audiences in Central Texas in order to further the Foundation’s goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a vital team member in increasing awareness and relevance of the Foundation in Central Texas. The position plays a primary role in planning and producing high-quality, integrated content across digital and print platforms including marketing collateral, websites, social media, blogs, presentations, email marketing, advertising, and more.
• Ensure brand consistency across all communication collateral, including elements for the organization as a whole, as well as for specific initiatives and programs.
• Consult with the VP, Marketing and Communications to determine communication activity for the Foundation and implement tactics.
• Use visual design skills to conceptualize, create and produce intuitive/visually appealing designs for the Foundation, such as marketing collateral, infographics, reports, print ads and other design deliverables.
• Write copy and articles for the Foundation’s marketing collateral, annual report, blogs, newsletters, emails, etc.
• Provide visual storytelling expertise and creative direction that is in line with the Foundation’s brand, such as photography, shooting/editing videos and creating presentations.
• Coordinate with other departments to produce and design web content; create and implement systems for maintenance and updating information.
• Develop the social media strategy for the Foundation, and develop content for the Foundation’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
• Develop content and manage the production schedule of the Foundation’s email marketing campaigns, including newsletters, event invitations and informational notices to donors.
• Create and execute digital ads (via Google Ad Words, Facebook and other media).
• Collect and analyze monthly data on website traffic, social media performance and eNews performance and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
• Create and update one pagers and informational pieces that promote and explain the Foundation’s products and services.
• Work with other departments to facilitate webinars for target audiences using WebEx.
• Work with vendors to print collateral, such as brochures, nametags, business cards, stationary, invitations, programs, banners, etc.
• Collaborate with other departments to create event experiences in line with the Foundation’s brand and strategic focus.
• Work with creative agencies and vendors to produce event experiences.
• Design and manage event communication deliverables, such as invitations, signage, programs, banners, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to be general, is expected to evolve over time, and will be reviewed periodically and updated as needed.
Job requirements and qualifications
Two to five years’ related experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or related field.
Training requirements (licenses, programs or certificates)
Other knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to identify and support high standards for brand messaging, design, consistency, and quality.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of AP Style format.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite of programs and design programs (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
• Proficiency and experience with website content management systems, web-based tools (Google Analytics, Google ads), basic HTML knowledge, social media channels and management tools, and email marketing platforms (Constant Contact and Eventbrite).
• Proficiency with basic digital photography and video shooting and editing.
• Skills in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
• Skills in data analysis and problem solving.
• Skills in planning and organizing.
• Ability to work independently and with teams.
• Self-motivated, organized and great interpersonal skills.
• Ability to thrive in a lean, fast-moving environment where adapting to change is necessary.
Work environment and other information
• Work in clean, pleasant, comfortable office setting.
• Minimal travel required.
• Attendance required at occasional after-hours (evening or weekend) events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Collaborative team environment
Opportunity to make Central Texas a better place for everyone
Paid time off
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with employer match
Basic life insurance and AD&D
Austin Community Foundation is committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live.