In this position, the Digital Marketing Specialist will work in collaboration with the Marketing Director and Associate to ensure Mission Capital’s marketing and outreach strategies advance the organization’s mission and goals. This individual is primarily responsible for digital integration and design of online platforms, organizational brand and storytelling, and participation in Mission Capital’s programs and services.
This is a full-time, exempt position with nonprofit industry competitive salary and benefits package.
ABOUT MISSION CAPITAL
You’re on a mission. You’re invested in our community. You want to be part of something meaningful. You want to see change happen. So do we. Mission Capital provides the networks, tools, and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. We combine human, financial, intellectual, social, and political capital to fuel the work of nonprofits, funders, philanthropists, businesses, and government.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with website management, primarily updating and editing all content in Wordpress, and supporting the online member community platform
- Maintain site performance and user experience of Mission Capital sites, addressing issues and bugs as appropriate by troubleshooting technical issues when possible
- Implement site improvements and platform development by managing relationships and projects with web developers
- Develop, manage and analyze Google Ad campaigns through effective keyword and SEM strategies
- Manage lead generation strategies through outbound and inbound marketing
- Oversee system integration of website with Emma (email service), Salesforce, Formstack, Authorize.net (merchant vendor), and Eventbrite
- Support team with print and digital collateral production including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, case studies, research reports and Mission Capital’s website
- Create and manage social media strategy, report metrics and ad buys according to the content calendar
- Provide copywriting, copyediting and quality assurance to all internal teams
- Collaborate with Marketing team to create and copy edit email content to ensure that it is compelling, on-brand, targeted and error-free
- Update targeted email lists to ensure audience growth and optimal Salesforce integration
- Support Marketing Associate with email optimization A/B testing, review process and graphics creation
GENERAL / OTHER SUPPORT
- Provide thought leadership content for the Mission Capital blog as assigned
- Participate as a full member of the Mission Capital team, attend staff meetings, participate at Mission Capital events, and coordinate collaborative activities with, and support the activities of other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years in marketing, communications, business or related field, ideally with some experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (communications, advertising, business, etc.).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing software (Emma, Mailchimp), and CMS (Wordpress).
- Strong working knowledge of CRM systems (preferably Salesforce), Google Ads, Google Analytics, SproutSocial, project management tools, and lead generation systems.
- Proven ability to create compelling narratives, whether written, illustrated, photographic or using video, and distribute using a variety of communication media.
- Ability to independently and manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail and a problem-solving approach to work.
- A respectful and collaborative approach to fostering partnerships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Experience with and an understanding of the role of nonprofit organizations and the nonprofit sector.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK AT MISSION CAPITAL?
Employees work in a mission-driven and inspiring work environment with meaningful values. They understand that their position matters to the organization, their team members but most importantly to our community. You’re not just filling a role; you’re contributing to an organization that provides the tools and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. Leadership not only treats employees with a high level of respect but enjoys developing team members to be prepared for future opportunities within or outside of the organization.
Employees have access to some exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base nonprofit compensation + variable bonus based on the performance of the company
- Employer-paid base medical plan
- Dental/Vision/FSA Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee wellness incentives
- Onsite fitness facility
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun company teambuilding events
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mission Capital is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers positions with varying skill levels and responsibilities that amplify our mission. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
General office environment with low to moderate noise level. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but requires standing and walking for up to 15% of the time. Occasional work required outside of normal business hours.
To apply, please submit the following, as PDFs, through this online application (see the button at the top of this page that says "Apply for This Job!"):
• Cover letter
• Three references (Your references will not be contacted before you are informed).